The solution by BSNL for difficulties caused about excess data usage for south zone postpaid customers in Wireless Broadband(WiMAX) which is a high seed wireless broadband service, is Data usage check through SMS.
BSNL Limited Wireless Broadband (WiMAX) plans. Here is a illustrated process to check the BSNL Wireless Broadband(WiMAX) Data Usage through SMS.
WiMAX Data Usage Checking Process through SMSWiMax Users in South Zone (Andhrapradesh, Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Kerala) can view their usage through SMS as follows.
- From BSNL Mobile : Send SMS with the message wimax<space>unique id to 53733
- From Other Network Mobile: Send SMS wimax<space>unique id to 9442253733
- Example - type wimaxtb<space>10000xxx to 53733/9442253733
- By this SMS service, the current month data usage only can been obtained. Usage Value(UV) displayed in SMS will be the data usage upto previous day. Today's usage will be updated on next day.
- customer should get the unique id for data checking through sms, which will be available in WiMAX telephone bill in the format of firstname.lastname@example.org, then after ignoring "@bsnl.in", note down the unique id as "ab10000001".