Applicant approaches to Point of Sale (POS) for new Mobile Connection along with following signed documents with date
- Completed Customer Acquisition Form (CAF) having Unique Number
- Photograph affixed on CAF
- Proof of Identity (POI)
- Proof of address (POA)
- Note 1: In case of outstation customers (out of LSA / State) details of local reference i.e. Name, address, and contact Phone Number of local referee shall also be given with proof.
- Note 2: In case of foreign tourist Passport with Valid VISA stamp shall be treated as proof of identity. For poof of address, the address of local reference which may also be the tour operator shall be taken. In case there is no local reference, the address of stay (Hotel etc.) shall be taken. Connection shall be given upto the validity of VISA period or 3 months which ever is less.
- Note 3: The connection issued to the personnel deployed on Ships while at sea shore shall have validity only till the date they have the permit to stay at the port.
- Note 4: In case of illiterate person, CAF may be filled by a person at the POS and the thumb impression of the applicant may be taken on CAF, photo and document attached.
For first activation with new Mobile Number booked via BSNL CYMN OnlineScheme or Prepaid numbers available at Retailers will be allowed to make a call to 1507 only by the customer.
An automated SMS will be sent at his/ her alternative number (as mentioned at S. No. 18 in new CAF) prompting him to make call to 1507 for tele verification after entering the details by concerned Franchisee/CSC in BSNL database. The text of SMS will be as follows “Dear Customer, Kindly Dial 1507 from your new SIM for televerification of new mobile number XXXXXXXXXX to complete the activation - BSNL”.
Applicant shall call to BSNL call centre at 1507 for televerification. In case the final activation does not take place within the same day, for want of call to 1507, second SMS, as a reminder, will be sent by BSNL Database next day.
This new procedure for activation of New Mobile Connection on acquisition with any of the BSNL Prepaid Plan and Postpaid Plan has been strictly implemented by BSNL according with new guidelines of DOT(Department of Telecom).